Our top 10 Spring home maintenance checklist for 2018!
Here is your Spring home maintenance checklist to start getting your home ready for Spring and Spring home improvement projects.
We also have the printable Spring Home Maintenance Checklist PDF attached at the bottom with areas for homeowner notes, contractors to call, and ideas for home improvement projects.
Spring Home Maintenance Checklist
1. Roof Maintenance – look for:
• lost or damaged shingles
• damaged or warping of flashing
• water stains
• any sagging in the roof line.
2. Gutter Maintenance – look for:
• leaking gutters
• clogged gutters
• improper downspout drainage
3. Chimney Maintenance – look for:
• damage to chimney and cap
• damage to cricket
4. Concrete – look for:
• signs of movement
• improper drainage
• surface damage
5. Outside Faucets – look for:
• freeze damage
• damage to hoses
6. Yard Tools – look for:
• discolored gasoline
• check batteries and chargers
• clean equipment
• sharpen blades
7. Foundation: Check foundation walls, floors, concrete, and masonry for:
• loss of or loose mortar
8. Deck and porches – look for:
• loose spindles and rails
• rotted wood
• damage or rust on ledger board and bolts
9. Wood burning Fireplaces – look for:
• rust and damage on damper
• missing mortar joints between fire brick
• rust or damage on spark arrestor
10. Exterior Walls – look for:
• water stains
• check for openings
• damaged areas or knots that have popped out
Bill Pearn Masonry Blog
Quality construction does not only build structures, it also builds: town pride, small business opportunity, beautiful neighborhoods, home equity, and ultimately better lives.
More articles are available on the individual topic pages.
Blog Home Page