The winter snow season is upon us!
If you live in Shohola PA or Barryville NY and are in need of snow plowing services give us a call! (267) 226-8293
If you prefer to handle your own snow removal needs, check out these tips:
1. If you have any physical limitations consider buying a snow blower or hiring a neighborhood teenager to help you. There is no sense in struggling with the snow if you can avoid it.
2. Shovel often during big storms. Go out every few inches and remove the snow while it's lighter and easier to manage.
3. Beware of overhead dangers. Large icicles, snow slides from metal roofs, and falling branches can all cause head and neck injuries so be aware and watch out above you.
4. Relax and take some breaks. Give yourself plenty of time to do what you need to do without creating to much stress.
5. Your leaf blower can be a big help with the light and fluffy snow. The gas powered blowers are the best way to go.
6. Buy an s-shaped shovel. Your back will thank you!
7. Make sure you have some form of ice melt handy around steps and walkways. These items can often be stored in inexpensive garbage cans to keep them dry and readily available.
8. Check the weather forecast. Some of the white stuff may go away on it's own in a day or two.
9. Try not to throw the heavy wet snow. That type pf twisting and lifting is an invitation for a back injury. Try walking the snow to where it needs to go or simply moving as little as possible to clear steps and walkways. More snow removal can always be done later if it doesn't melt first.
10. Check on your elderly or home bound neighbors. If you are struggling to clear your snow then they are too.
Bill Pearn Masonry Blog
Quality construction does not only build structures, it also builds: town pride, small business opportunity, beautiful neighborhoods, home equity, and ultimately better lives.
More articles are available on the individual topic pages.
Blog Home Page